This event on 21 June 2021, between 6.30pm and 8.00pm will be an introduction to how heat pumps work, and to different technologies and options for installing a heat pump at home. Tickets are free and are available via Eventbrite here.
About this event
Are you considering installing a heat pump at home or just want to know more about how they work? Join Crew Energy on 21 June with any questions you might have! Crew Energy will cover:
- What are heat pumps and how they work?
- Air source or ground source heat pumps?
- What subsidies are available and how to calculate the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)?
- Running cost compared to gas central heating and storage heaters.
- Planning considerations.
- How long an install takes and the time from enquiry to installation.
- Living with a heat pump.
About: CREW Energy is a volunteer-led non-profit community co-operative based in Wandsworth and Merton. In March 2021, we completed the install of four air source heat pumps on the roof of the youth club. These heat pumps were fully funded through our first every community share offer, completed in December 2020-January 2021. We raised £50,000 through community investment and Community Shares Booster Funding.
A follow-up event is available on 30 June 2021 for community energy groups, who want to know more about heat pumps in community energy projects. Details and Booking here: