Bat season is upon us and this year, Ealing Wildlife Group want to put on more bat walks across the Borough to record bats and educate more people about their biology and conservation.
EWG are offering members free bat training to get a group of eager batty types together to lead or at least assist on bat walks, teaching people how to use the detectors etc. You don’t have to be a bat or wildlife expert, just be interested in bats and volunteering and educating folk about nature.
Please let us know if you are planning to come by signing up for the event. Email here: firstname.lastname@example.org;
– Starting at the Hayloft, Horsenden Farm, before moving on to a walk at Paradise Fields. https://www.horsenden.co.uk/getting-here/
– Please be aware that the hayloft is up a spiral staircase
– Parking is available at the Farm and we’ll relocate to the Paradise Fields car park next to McDonald’s at Westway Cross Retail Park, Greenford (UB6 0UW) for the bat walk.
– If you’re coming by public transport, we’ll aim to coordinate lifts between venues.
– Thursday 11 May.
– We’ll start at 7pm – but will be onsite earlier to set-up
– We’ll aim to start the bat-walk before 9pm & should be done by 10pm (maybe earlier)
What to bring?
– A torch for the bat walk
– Suitable footwear for uneven paths (bat walk)
– A bat detector if you have one (we’ll provide them if you don’t)
What’s the wet-weather plan?
– We are unlikely to see any bats in very wet weather, so we’ll go ahead with the training session but reschedule a bat walk for another night if needed
When: May 11, 2023 @ 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Where: Horsenden Farm, Horsenden Ln N, Perivale UB6 7PQ
Leave a Reply