Winter is well and truly upon us.
With the cold weather now creeping in and the rising cost of living, we’re all looking for ways to keep out the cold this December that won’t break the bank.
To help you out, we’ve put together some sustainable top tips below to help you stay warm this Winter.
- Draught dodging: Closing doors and shutting curtains when it gets dark keeps warmth in one room. Plushing up with thick curtains, blinds, DIY double glazing around draughty windows all help keep the heat in.
- Ground control: Use throws and rugs for covering bare floors, blocking the draught from the floorboards or chill from stone floor. Try a draught excluder for any under-door breezes.
- Bleed your radiator: Radiators accumulate trapped air which means hot water can’t flow effectively around your heating system. Removing air from your heating systems or radiators can be done safely yourself, with a quick google.
- Know your togs: Get out on the right side of the bed by switching to a higher tog duvet or adding some throws in colder weather. The right duvet improves sleep and reduces the need for heating.
- Shop around for a better energy deal: A search online only takes a few minutes and helps you find the best deal. It may surprise you that switching to renewable energy can save you money, as well as being better for the environment.