ActForEaling and its partners is encouraging everyone who lives, works and learns in Ealing to unleash their creativity, learn new skills, save money and discover their sustainable style with #EalingSewnUp.
Thanks to #EalingSewnUp a community of sustainable fashion enthusiasts has been nurtured and activated. Ealing now has a legacy of assets, educational resources and activities to continue motivating sustainable fashion habits in the Borough. Discover what this fabulous collaboration achieved….
- Sustainable fashion workshops for primary schools sponsored by Falcons Pre-Prep Chiswick, also creating this short film to help anyone learn about sustainable fashion and upcycling
- Sustainable Fashion Show & Clothes Swap at Gunnersbury Park Museum. Learn about the difference we made
- Sustainable fashion mural designed and painted by local secondary school pupils at Ealing Broadway. Pop to see it at the back by St Saviours Walk
- We have created sustainable fashion resources to get the conversation started in schools, homes and workplaces around Ealing
- Workshops, activities and events throughout Ealing hosted by our sustainable fashion partners
To see the power of community check out what EalingSewnUp managed to achieve!
- over 50 volunteers and 14 organisations worked together to put on Ealing’s first ever sustainable fashion show & clothes swap 💃🏽🕺🏿
- we saved over 350kg of clothes from waste (the equivalent weight to a grand piano)* 🎹
- we saved over 3 tonnes of carbon emissions (the equivalent to driving a car for 8,176 miles, that’s nearly the distance between London and Darwin)* 💂🏾♂️🦘
- we saved over half a million litres of water (enough water for 626 people to drink for a year)* 💦
- over 100 pupils learned new creative skills to cut fashion waste and make new accessories 👕
- at least 6 schools discovered the power of sustainable fashion 🎓
That’s just the stuff we can measure and calculate! The real magic came from the stories of the people inspired by #EalingSewnUp:
- the mother and daughter who shared a fun afternoon together and now want to run a school clothes swap 💕
- the models who discovered their talent and are signing up to modelling agencies representing what humanity really looks like ✨
- the volunteers who want to organise swaps for their local communities 👗
- the lady chatting to her friend who said she was going to shop second-hand much more 👖
- the creators who met new contacts to boost their business networks 👋👋👋
- the groups of children that wanted to start up their own upcycled fashion mini-business 💰
- the thousands of shoppers that pass the sustainable fashion mural promoting sustainable fashion 💚
- the countless people who reconnected with their creativity and community and now feel they can make a difference! 💪
Want to get involved? Contact us. If you upcycle or repair outfits, we would love to hear from you so we can feature your story.
Wondering why sustainable fashion matters? Check out these links and handy learning resources suitable for schools or anyone just wanting to learn more.
EalingSewnUp and partners regularly run sustainable fashion events and activities near you. Find out more by signing up to our ActforEaling newsletter or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Who is Ealing Sewn Up
Ealing Sewn Up is a community programme organised by ActForEaling involving the following valuable partners:
- Ealing Broadway
- Ealing Council
- Ealing Repair Cafe
- Falcons Pre-Prep Chiswick
- Gunnersbury Park & Museum
- Hounslow Musicians Network
- Jimmy’s Removals – 07780 526400
- Love Not Landfill
- Melanie Moss Photography
- Narvir Singh Cinematography
- OPEN Ealing
- Paint Your Planet
- Preloved Fashion Pop-Up
- Rod Sloane Photography
- Twisted Twee
- VMI TV
- West London Waste Authority
- West Thames College
Why do we need Ealing Sewn Up?
“Dress for true success” is one of our ten steps for a greener Ealing so with #EalingSewnUp we will connect crafters, artists and fashionistas of the borough encouraging everyone to develop new talents and adopt more sustainable and creative fashion habits.
If you want to learn more or have skills you can contribute please contact us.