ActForEaling and its partners is encouraging everyone who lives, works and learns in Ealing to unleash their creativity, learn new skills, save money and discover their sustainable style with #EalingSewnUp.
Thanks to #EalingSewnUp a community of sustainable fashion enthusiasts has been nurtured and activated. Ealing now has a legacy of assets, educational resources and activities to continue motivating sustainable fashion habits in the Borough. Discover what this fabulous collaboration achieved….
- Sustainable fashion workshops for primary schools sponsored by Falcons Pre-Prep Chiswick, also creating this short film to help anyone learn about sustainable fashion and upcycling
- Sustainable Fashion Show & Clothes Swap at Gunnersbury Park Museum. Learn about the difference we made
- Sustainable fashion mural designed and painted by local secondary school pupils at Ealing Broadway. Pop to see it at the back by St Saviours Walk
- We have created sustainable fashion resources to get the conversation started in schools, homes and workplaces around Ealing
- Workshops, activities and events throughout Ealing hosted by our sustainable fashion partners
Want to get involved? Contact us. If you upcycle or repair outfits, we would love to hear from you so we can feature your story.
Wondering why sustainable fashion matters? Check out these links and handy learning resources suitable for schools or anyone just wanting to learn more.
EalingSewnUp and partners regularly run sustainable fashion events and activities near you. Find out more by signing up to our ActforEaling newsletter or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Who is Ealing Sewn Up
Ealing Sewn Up is a community programme organised by ActForEaling involving the following valuable partners:
- Ealing Broadway
- Ealing Council
- Ealing Repair Cafe
- Falcons Pre-Prep Chiswick
- Gunnersbury Park & Museum
- Hounslow Musicians Network
- Jimmy’s Removals – 07780 526400
- Love Not Landfill
- Melanie Moss Photography
- Narvir Singh Cinematography
- OPEN Ealing
- Paint Your Planet
- Preloved Fashion Pop-Up
- Rod Sloane Photography
- Twisted Twee
- VMI TV
- West London Waste Authority
- West Thames College
Why do we need Ealing Sewn Up?
Textiles account for nearly a QUARTER of global mixed waste and research shows the fashion industry is the SECOND largest polluter after aviation1&2.
“Dress for true success” is one of our ten steps for a greener Ealing so with #EalingSewnUp we will connect crafters, artists and fashionistas of the borough encouraging everyone to develop new talents and adopt more sustainable and creative fashion habits.
If you want to learn more or have skills you can contribute please contact us.