Fashion business students at the University of West London have joined forces with Ealing Council to host sustainable fashion event The Next Stop for Fashion – and you’re invited!
Taking place at the Ealing Project on 10th May, The Next Stop For Fashion aims to engage and educate the public on textile and clothing waste issues in the fashion industry, with the ultimate goal of reducing textile waste in Ealing. The event was created as a result of a joint project funded by The British Academy & SOS-UK Live.
As key participants in fashion consumption and reinvention, the event is designed to appeal to millennials and Gen Z of Ealing and further afield. Attendees will be encouraged to learn how to adopt creative and responsible behaviours relating to fashion through a series of sustainable fashion workshops, pop-up stalls, clothes swap and much more!
By taking part in this event, local businesses, organisations and charities will also be able to reach new audiences and engage a younger generation of responsible residents.
The Next Stop for Fashion is FREE to attend and will feature:
- a panel talk with industry experts to discuss global fashion issues from overconsumption to upcycling and responsible ways to pass on clothing.
- a late screening of the feature-length film Fashion Reimagined, which follows the story of fashion designer Amy Powney who is on a mission to create a sustainable collection from field to finished garment and transform the way we engage with fashion.
- a clothes swap to refresh your wardrobe and give a second life to unwanted garments.
- a mending workshop run by Ealing Repair Café to teach easy ways to prolong the lives of your clothes, focusing on key skills from patching to darning
- an upcycling workshop run by Re’store to inspire you to rethink and reinvent your clothing.
- curated pop-up stalls for local charity shops and fashion businesses focused on upcycled and pre-loved fashion.
- a showcase of student projects from the University of West London addressing waste through innovate ideas including fashion, design, journalism and technology. Click here to get a sneak-peak of the students work.
- Date: Wednesday 10th May 2023
- Time: 4pm – late
- Location: The Ealing Project, 1 High St, London W5 5DB
To register for the event, please book via the Eventbrite link here.