Funded by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the GHG:LAD can help to ensure that your property is in compliance with Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES), improve the warmth and comfort of your property, and help your tenants save on their energy bills.
Twelve London Boroughs have joined together to carry out smart energy efficiency retrofits on up to 1600 homes before 31 December 2021. Private and social landlords with cold and inefficient properties may be eligible for up to £5,000 of grant funding to cover 2/3 of costs for the installation of efficiency measures, such as low carbon heating systems, insulation, and smart heating controls.
This is an outright grant, paid directly to the installer, so no repayments are involved! Any measure which improves the energy rating of the property may be included however gas boiler repairs and replacement are not part of the scheme. Boiler replacement may be carried out under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) grant program alongside the GHG:LAD. Existing double-paned windows may not be replaced, however single-paned windows are eligible for replacement with double or triple paned glass or secondary glazing.
Are You Eligible?
If you meet all of the following criteria, you may be eligible for a grant:
- Your property must have an energy rating of D, E, F, or G. Click here to view your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating and energy efficiency recommendations, if you have not sold your property in 10+ years and are unsure of your EPC rating they will check any estimated ratings for your property.
- Your tenant(s) must have a total household income of £30,000 or less, with up to £20,000 in housing benefit allowance.
- Your property must be in one of the twelve participating boroughs: Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Lambeth, Kensington & Chelsea. Newham, Richmond, or Wandsworth.
If you have multiple eligible properties within the participating boroughs, you may put as many forward for works as you would like, provided you are able to contribute the 33% matching funds. The maximum grant award for Landlords is £5,000 per property.
If you do not meet this criteria, you may be eligible under Phase 3 of GHG:LAD which could have extended eligibility criteria. Call 0800 083 2265 to be pre-screened.
How to Participate
- Click here to register your interest, this is obligation free and only takes a few minutes.
- To confirm eligibility, you will be asked to sign a permission to assess form and your tenant will receive a screening call from the team to answer a few questions about their income, benefits status, and household.
- A certified retrofit assessor will visit your property to create a whole house energy efficiency plan and personal recommendation to make your home more energy efficient.
- You confirm which works are to be carried out and agree to a start date for installation to begin with the scheme manager.
For more information about this grant, click here or call 0800 083 2265 to speak with the screening team (Mon-Fri, 9:00am—5:30pm).