Funded by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, twelve London Boroughs have joined together to carry out smart energy efficiency retrofits on up to 1400 homes across the participating boroughs. Those living in the coldest and least efficient properties may be eligible for up to £10,000 of grant funding to cover the installation of efficiency measures, such as low carbon heating systems, insulation, windows, doors, and smart heating controls.
This is an outright grant, paid to the installer, so there are no repayments involved! The GHG:LAD covers any measure which improves the energy rating of the property may be included in your workplan. However, gas boiler repairs and replacement are not included in the scheme. Boiler replacement may be carried out under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) grant program alongside the GHG:LAD. Existing double-paned windows may not be replaced, however single-paned windows are eligible for replacement with double or triple paned glass or secondary glazing.
Are You Eligible?
If you meet all of the following criteria, you may be eligible for a grant:
- Your home must have an energy rating of D, E, F, or G. Click here to view your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating and energy efficiency recommendations, if you have not sold your home in 10+ years and are unsure of your EPC rating they will check any estimated ratings for your property.
- You must have a total household income of £30,000 or less, with up to £20,000 in housing benefit allowance.
- You must live in one of the twelve participating boroughs: Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Lambeth, Kensington & Chelsea. Newham, Richmond, or Wandsworth.
If you do not meet this criteria, you may be eligible in Phase 3 of GHG:LAD which could have extended eligibility criteria. Call 0800 083 2265 to be pre-screened.
How to Participate
- Click here to register your interest, this is obligation free and only takes a few minutes.
- You will receive a screening call to confirm your eligibility in accordance with the above criteria.
- A certified retrofitter will visit your home to put together a whole house energy efficiency plan to make your home more energy efficient.
- You agree to the work being carried out and a timescale for installation with the scheme manager.
For more information about this grant, click here or call 0800 083 2265 to speak with the screening team (Mon-Fri, 9:00am—5:30pm).