Come along and join MindFood for their Grow Some to Share Some event this April!
On Saturday 22nd April MindFood will be opening up their regular Saturday session at Horsenden Farm to invite the community to get growing and share food with others for Good To Grow Day 2023 – which also happens to fall on Earth Day this year!
What is Good to Grow Day?
Good to Grow Day is a national weekend of action held from 21st to 24th April to encourage edible gardens to:
- Celebrate the new growing season
- Open their doors to the local community
- Encourage people to volunteer
Grow Some to Share Some Day – Saturday 22nd April, 11am-2pm
MindFood’s annual Grow Some Share Some project aims to share young veg plants with as many local primary schools, charities and support groups as possible.
MindFood’s target this year is 30 primary schools…but they are looking for your help to reach up to all 76, so come along and get involved in all the action on the day!
They will have a potting station on the day, so don’t worry if the seedlings need potting up.
They’ll also have a family sowing station so that every child has something to take home.
If you can, MindFood would love for you to bring any of the following to share on the day:
- Tomato plants (especially yellow or orange cherry toms!)
- Chilli plants – always super popular!
- Sugar snap/mangetout peas
- Spring onions
- Runner beans
- Purple sprouting broccoli
- Companion flowers – calendula, nasturtiums
- Herbs – especially coriander, parsley and basil
To find out more details about the event, including how to register for the event visit here.
Leave a Reply