Ealing Repair is back for September with lots of great events after having a break for the summer holidays. Ealing Repair café encourages and teaches the mending of clothes and textiles. They run friendly monthly gatherings around Ealing, giving suggestions and show examples of repairs to inspire.
Here’s the sessions coming up in September. Some sessions marked with ** will have a sewing machine, so you can to try out on alterations and mending seams. Ealing Repair Cafe volunteers also help out Traid and have listed their clothes repair cafes below which are all around London, which also have sewing machines available.
- Saturday, 2 September: Reduce and Recycle Hub, Acton Market 10am -3 pm. Our volunteers will be there to teach you how to mend and fix your clothes. At the hub there will be an opportunity to recycle and reduce by dropping off clothes, laptops, toothbrushes and pens. See Reduce and Recycle hub for more details.
- Monday 4 September: Patch, Darn and Natter, The Ealing Project, 1 High Street, Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre, London W5 5DB. From 7.30 pm until 9 pm. We ask for a small donation of £3 to cover costs. ** Sewing machine available for fixing seams and suitable mends.
- Sunday 10 September: Acton Repair Party, Acton Vale Community Centre, Oak Way, London W3 7JZ. Ealing Repair cafe will be there from 1 pm until 3 pm to teach you how to mend and fix your clothes. ** Sewing machine will be bookable in 30 minute slots for fixing seams and other suitable mends. Book your place. Electrical repair with West Central London Fixers to mend your slow or broken electrical items, must have an appointment. Book an appointment. In partnership with Ealing Council.
- Saturday, 16th September: Traid Hackney Clothes Repair Cafe, Grazebrook Primary School, Lordship Rd, London N16 0QP. From 11am – 3pm
- Tuesday 19 September: Patch, Darn and Natter, Northfields Community Library, 255A Northfield Ave, London W5 4UA. From 5.30 until 6.45 pm. We ask for a small donation of £3 to cover costs.
- Saturday, 23rd September: Traid Hillingdon Clothes Repair Cafe, Botwell Leisure center, East Ave, Hayes Town, Hayes UB3 2HW. From 10am – 3pm
- Saturday, 30th September: Traid Hounslow Clothes Repair Cafe, Heston Community Center, Vicarage Farm Rd, Heston, Hounslow TW5 0EE From 10am -2pm