The Acton Market Reduce and Recycle hub has been running for one year on October helping local residents Reduce, reuse and Recycle. There is also a fantastic community day at Acton Market on Saturday 7th October 2023. The October Reduce and Recycle hub will be at the Acton Saturday market with lots of great organisations and businesses.
Acton Reduce and Recycle hub is here to help you take maybe your first steps of climate action by focusing on reducing waste, promoting reuse and supporting a circular economy, where things are reused again and again. The hub runs on the first Saturday of the month alongside Acton Saturday MarketW3.
At the Acton Reduce and Recycle hub you can:
Bring along your old and unloved:
- Clothing, Shoes, Small electrical appliances for donation to TRAID www.traid.org.uk
- Pens and writing instruments
- Toothbrushes and other dental items
- Chat to us, ActforEaling about your Recycling on how to make easy swaps to reduce waste.
- Learning to fix your Clothes with Ealing Repair Café www.ealingrepaircafe.org
- Get your Bikes checked with Dr Bike (2 pm-5 pm) with Ealing Council cycle maintenance.
- Book Swap – Bring a book and take a book, with Churchfield Community Association
- Shop at the pre-loved traders or with other stall holders many who sell returns and seconds from the high street at a reduced price with a great selection of sportswear, womenswear and menswear.
Over the year the Reduce and Recycle Hub has so far:
- 298 kg of unwanted clothes and shoes saved from landfill by Traid, which reduced carbon emissions (CO2) by 2.83 tonnes and water savings of 450.7m3.
- 99 kgs of small electrical items collected which will be recycled.
Plus on Saturday 7th October, this great We’re all in this together Community Event will have lots of family friendly activities to join in. With all the Acton Market tasty local foodie stalls will be onsite for you to sample the delightful flavours of Ghana, Caribbean, India and Lebanon.