Learn how to create botanical prints on fabrics at Horsenden Farm.
Join Emma at Horsenden Farm and learn how to create botanical prints on fabric with flowers and leaves.
In this workshop, you will:
- learn how to use natural dyes and foraged leaves to print a silk scarf
- discover the process of preparing fabric for dying
- identify which leaves are best to use for printing, dye blankets and resists
Emma will provide one premordanted silk scarf per participant, but more will be available to buy on the day.
The scarves will be taken away from processing in the studio after the workshop and available for collection at the farm the following week.
In conventional clothes production as much as 200 tonnes of water are used per tonne of fabric in the textile industry. The majority of this water is returned to nature as toxic waste, containing residual dyes and hazardous chemicals. For more information see The true cost of colour: The impact of textile dyes on water systems.
So learn about a more natural way to dye and create beautiful and less environmentally damaging clothes.
- Date: Saturday 21st October 2023
- Time: 11am-4pm
- Price: £60
- Location: Horsenden Farm, Horsenden Lane North, Greenford, UB6 7PQ
For further information and to book a place, please contact Emma here.