Cultivating Ealing has launched their 2022 Ealing Allotments and School competition. Previous Ealing in Bloom, Ealing Cultivating was formed to encourage the use of horticulture to make Ealing a more attractive place for residents and visitors. More details on Ealing Allotments Partnership.
Ealling Allotments Competition 2022
Calling all Ealing allotments to enter a submission to the competition. The are categories cover:
- Large Allotment Site (50 plots or over)
- Small Allotment Site (under 50 plots)
- Large Plot (7.5 poles or over)
- Small Plot (between 2.5-7.0 poles)
- Micro Plot (up to 2 poles)
Marks will be awarded for:
- Wow factor! Outstanding/unusual features or activities
- Welcome to site Signage; notices; numbered plots; cleanliness
- Maintenance of plots/paths/open areas; sheds, greenhouses, rubbish; overall plot usage
- Variety of crops grown health of soil; health of crops – disease-free
- Sustainability features – ponds; wildflower areas; wildlife friendly areas; bug hotels; beehives; water conservation
- Community involvement: meeting area; pizza/BBQ area; communal shed; shared compost or woodchip areas; raised beds; community activities; links to schools etc (please add information in additional information below)
For entry form and more information at Ealing Allotments Partnership. Deadline for Entries is Friday 27 May.