Donate clothes you once loved to Traid collection.
Ealing Council has partnered with TRAID and West London Waste to make it easier and quicker to recycle textiles and electrical waste.
TRAID will collect from your property for free:
- Paired shoes – tie pairs of shoes together
- Bags, belts and other accessories
- Bric a brac
- Linen – eg sheets, pillowcases. (TRAID cannot collect duvets or pillows)
The items you donate should be clean and in good condition.
TRAID will also collect e-waste (WEEE) items only with clothing and textiles, as listed above. Small electrical items should be small enough to fit in a shopping bag so items collected are:
- Small household appliances like irons, toasters, kettles, fans, medium size vacuum cleaners
- Hairdryers, electric toothbrush and shavers.
- Electronic devices such as laptops, fax machines, printers, phones and smartphones
- Audio, audio-visual and other entertainment related equipment like mp3 and mp4 players, stereos, DVD players and game consoles
- Tools like drills, saws, sewing machines
Traid will not accept large electrical items. For these items use the Ealing Council bulky collection. Large items not accepted are:
- Fridge Freezers
- Washing Machines
TRAID ideally want to collect clothing and WEEE together. If you also have clothing to collect, simply place the waste electrical equipment in a bag alongside the clothes. If you only have waste electrical equipment, to make the collection worthwhile please ensure a minimum of three items.
All profits raised from the scheme will go towards TRAID’s projects, fighting global poverty overseas and providing environmental education in the UK.
Book a free collection or call 020 8733 2595
Leave a Reply