Enter the Cultivating Ealing 2022 Ealing Allotments competition before the deadline on Friday 27 May.
Previously Ealing in Bloom, Cultivating Ealing was formed to encourage the use of horticulture to make Ealing a more attractive place for residents and visitors. More details on Ealing Allotments Partnership.
Ealing Allotments Competition 2022
Calling all Ealing allotments to enter a submission to the competition. The categories are:
- Large Allotment Site (50 plots or over)
- Small Allotment Site (under 50 plots)
- Large Plot (7.5 poles or over)
- Small Plot (between 2.5-7.0 poles)
- Micro Plot (up to 2 poles)
Marks will be awarded for:
- Wow factor! Outstanding/unusual features or activities
- Welcome to site Signage; notices; numbered plots; cleanliness
- Maintenance of plots/paths/open areas; sheds, greenhouses, rubbish; overall plot usage
- Variety of crops grown health of soil; health of crops – disease-free
- Sustainability features – ponds; wildflower areas; wildlife friendly areas; bug hotels; beehives; water conservation
- Community involvement: meeting area; pizza/BBQ area; communal shed; shared compost or woodchip areas; raised beds; community activities; links to schools etc (please add information in additional information below)
For entry form and more information see Ealing Allotments Partnership. The deadline for entries is Friday 27 May.