Enter the Cultivating Ealing 2023 Ealing Allotments competition. This is a unique opportunity for local allotment owners to be rewarded for their creative skills and passion for gardening. The competition is open to anyone who has an allotment in Ealing.
Cultivating Ealing (previously Ealing in Bloom) was formed to encourage the use of horticulture to make Ealing a more attractive place for residents and visitors. More details on Ealing Allotments Partnership.
Ealing Allotments Competition 2023
Calling all Ealing allotments to enter a the competition. The categories are:
- Large Allotment Site (50 plots or over)
- Small Allotment Site (under 50 plots)
- Large Plot (7.5 poles or over)
- Small Plot (between 2.5-7.0 poles)
For further information (including judging criteria) and an entry form please CultivatingEaling@gmail.com
To see last year winners visit the Cultivating Ealing. Here’s last years competition criteria (2022):
- Wow factor! Outstanding/unusual features or activities
- Welcome to site Signage; notices; numbered plots; cleanliness
- Maintenance of plots/paths/open areas; sheds, greenhouses, rubbish; overall plot usage
- Variety of crops grown health of soil; health of crops – disease-free
- Sustainability features – ponds; wildflower areas; wildlife friendly areas; bug hotels; beehives; water conservation
- Community involvement: meeting area; pizza/BBQ area; communal shed; shared compost or woodchip areas; raised beds; community activities; links to schools etc (please add information in additional information below)
For more information on Cultivating Ealing see Ealing Allotments Partnership. The deadline for entries is Friday 2 June 2023.
Leave a Reply